Monday 11 August 2008

Tickets purchased for Space of Love Funky Raw Festival

Well, finally off to my first festival of the year. Actually, it's my first festival in quite a few years. It's the first festival I been to with my wife.


Funky Raw Space of Love has a great-looking line-up and it's the first specifically raw event I will attend, although there was a growing raw presence at this year's Bristol Vegan Fayre. They've got live Music, Bhajans and Drumming around the Fire. They've got elicious and nourishing raw and living food café and demonstrations. They've got Yoga, Massage, Healing, Sweatlodge and Temple Space.

It runs from Friday through to Monday morning but sadly, due to the dreaded work committments, will have to scoot off Sunday night.

When we've done any camping recently, we've either scrounged gear from friends so we were a bit low on stuff - no tent, only one sleeping bag, no ground mats. We took a trip to Clarks Village outlet centre as it's near my parents and they usually have a display of tents on the grass in Summer.

After a bit of discussion, we settled on a four man tent as it was still quite portable and much more airy. You can now get these tents that just spring up all my themselves, a bit like a big Lastolite photographic reflector. The downside is that they fold down to an awkward big disc that's not so easy to carry or stuff into a little car.

We are now kitted out.

1 comment:

Debbie Took said...

Hi BRF

Me commenting again! Firstly, to say that I found your comment on MY blog - have published that.

Second to say - look forward to meeting you at Funky Raw! May spend the whole weekend in my sleeping bag as it's so cold, and I'm a wimp!